I have to admit, I am slightly exhausted from Christmas and the idea of throwing a big New years party is… well… crazy. So I’m not 🙂 BUT I am excited that I get to attend a party and I wanted to share these home decorating ideas for those of you with super human energy that are keeping the festivities going! If you are throwing a New Years Eve Party, having people over or just want to get into the spirit of New Years then you should check out these 10 Easy DIY New Years Decorating Ideas. Brighten up your house and prepare for new years by doing just a few easy DIY projects full of gold, glitter and sparkle. I scrolled through a bunch of tutorials, pinterest pictures, google+ posts and tweets today to find the EASIEST projects with the least amount of effort needed. ENJOY and send me pictures of your crafts, I love to see them! Also keep an eye out for my upcoming post with free new years printables. I plan on designing some cool cupcake toppers, host gift tags, table signs and more…
1. Balloon wall from Brit.co Winter Party. Such an easy idea, just tape up gold and silver balloons as a backdrop!
2. DIY Garland from Brightnest DIY New Years Eve You can use left over wrapping paper or any shimmery craft paper and a large hole puncher. If you do not have one of these YOU SHOULD. Great for cutting out printable gift tags, making confetti and garland. Get a 2″ Punch Here from Amazon or you can get this martha stewar circle cutter that cuts 4″ to 12″ circles from Amazon.
3. Tinsel sign from Ruffled Blog Wrap Cardboard numbers with tinsel for an easy hanging sign!
4. Glitter DIY party hats from StudioDIY These look easy to make and you can use your garland left over from Christmas!
5. Glitter Painted Champagne Glasses from Something Turquoise So this is the second time I have referenced a tutorial from Something Turquoise blog and it is because they have so many amazing ideas! This glittery glass is super easy to make, all you need is martha stewart glitter paint (amazon) and glasses
6. Sequin Backdrop from Ohhappyday If you have a circle puncher (see above #2 for amazon link) then this is really easy to do! Just punch out of gold wrapping paper and glue, tape or tie up the circles to craft paper or gold wrapping paper, or even silver wrapping paper!
7. Thumbtack Gold Candles from SparkandChemistry I love this, super super easy way to make candle decorations for your New Years table!
8. Pipe cleaner Cake Topper from SayyestoHoboken Easy way to turn a simple cake into a fun New Years Eve dessert!
9. Glitter Champagne Bottles from Ideas.evite If you love glitter then you will want to make your Champagne Bottles extra sparkly with this easy tutorial
10. Ball Drop Cupcake Topper from OleanderandPalm The tutorial has little foam balls that are already glittery but I think it would be easy to take small foam floral craft balls and cover them with glue and glitter, sequins or metallic paint!
That is it! I hope you enjoyed these 10 Easy New Years Decorating Ideas for your New Years Eve Party or DIY home decorating!